- gettin’ ready for some karaoke action this evening! #
- At P5 meeting listening to mark go over dbt-2 kit #
- @markwkm 😀 have you actually watched the video? thank me after you view the footage! in reply to markwkm #
- @markwkm well, thank you then! in reply to markwkm #
- @gorthx .– …. .- – / -.- .. -. -.. ..–.. in reply to gorthx #
- @emmajanedotnet congrats!! in reply to emmajanedotnet #
- looking forward to postgres performance group meeting tomorrow: http://pugs.postgresql.org/node/510 #
- yay! winter coders social in the @oregonian: http://tr.im/37he #
- @jmoriarty lol /me waits for the fish to bite in reply to jmoriarty #
- @Xof awesome! go for it! i can only do about 20, and i’m working on pullups too. (currently at 2) in reply to Xof #
- @ichae i have a copy of the paper for you 😀 in reply to ichae #
- @kcomandich not confirmed, but tentatively around june 17-19 in reply to kcomandich #
- @znmeb gentoo. @markwkm is of course helping. i just pinged a kernel person to try to diagnose 😀 in reply to znmeb #
- @znmeb already checked hotels. in reply to znmeb #
- @uberChick well, first experience has not been stellar. i’ll update as we figure out what is wrong. in reply to uberChick #
- @schmichael not my choice. not that i would have argued just need a stable platform to run fio, postgres, perl and some monitoring tools. in reply to schmichael #
- great #bridgepdx planning session today. i admit, i’m inspired by the IT, and the design decisions that reflect our philosphy. #
- @garethgreenaway good choice! in reply to garethgreenaway #
- wow. it takes Qwest FOUR HOURS to reset a voicemail password?! This is why the telcos are going to die. #
- @dkeskar @ravenme and @turoczy may be able to say who exactly is tackling portland on fire in the new year… in reply to dkeskar #
Yes, that’s me, with Tom Lane. You, too, might be able to get your picture with Tom!
As of today, you have 2 weeks left to submit talk proposals to PGCon.
You know you want to. PGCon is the international conference for PostgreSQL hackers, sysadmins, application developers, SQL geeks and other Smart People. Submit your talk! Be a Smart Person too!
We particularly could use some talks on the new 8.4 features, really creative PostgreSQL applications, massive Postgres scaling, PostGIS, BioPostgres, and a few case studies. This means you.
I attended PgCon last year for the first time. Not only were the presentations top notch, but Dan Langille‘s hospitality set the groundwork for yet another fantastic community-building experience PostgreSQL community members experienced during the 2006 Anniversary summit in Toronto, again in 2007 at the first PgCon.
We had plenty of outstanding socializing and hacking opportunities. Last year’s conference started with a gathering of committers that was fodder for great pub and hallway track conversation all week. Great talks I saw included Andrew Sullivan’s Idle thoughts on PostgreSQL Project Management, Greg Sabino Mullane’s Bucardo talk about this multi-master replication tool, and Magnus Hagander’s walk through how search.postgresql.org was implemented.
Ottawa was beautiful last year, and I can’t wait to go back this May!
- getting a stack backtrace from a hung ext4 test #
- @cscotta yeah, fortunately, this is just a test. but it means delays in our results good luck w/ yours! in reply to cscotta #
- @spinnerin ugh. it was more like ‘burn after watching’ for me. dunno, felt let down after no country for old men. in reply to spinnerin #
- 10k today with @gorthx left me feeling AWESOME. can’t wait for #bridgepdx folks to get here. #
- watching i/o tests roll by. #
- @magnushagander sorry i missed the outing tweet a few days ago. i blame all the xmas candy distracting me from twitter. in reply to magnushagander #
- @alanpdx way cool! @markgross was nice enough to pass his around the table at the coder social afterparty. fun stuff! in reply to alanpdx #
- @gorthx you’re in pdx now, right?! in reply to gorthx #
- mudslide in washington park? oh noes! #
- @Theory you may want to hold off on coming back until the #snowpocalypse ends. in reply to Theory #
- makin’ brownies and getting ready to eat some tamales at a friend’s new years party! #