Remember that class I announced about a month ago?
Well, it’s happening for real. We’re starting March 7th and going for 6 weeks. Sign up now if you’re want to join us for this first edition of the class.
I’m planning to do screen casts for a lot of the content, and have just started playing around with Screenflow.
The first couple weeks are primarily about using psql and learning key features of PostgreSQL, with some history sprinkled in. The next two weeks dive into features like: full text search, built-in functions, our many datatypes, indexing and transactional DDL. I’ll be surveying students as we go along to add detail where I can on key features they’re interested in. The last few weeks go into administration, maintenance and configuration. I’ll also be throwing in details about the PostgreSQL community – people, the best places to go for help, and hopefully some cameos from Postgres community members.
So, don’t forget to sign up today! Especially because this pudding says so:
Image courtesy of @thesethings
- Thanks for all the birthday wishes! #
- Awww. You are all so sweet! Thanks. #
- Watching Al Jazeera English and making cookies. #
- PgCon2011: Procedural Languages summit announced! May 21 http://chesnok.com/u/b #
- Enough people have registered! My #postgresql class starts March 7th! http://codelesson.com/courses/view/introduction-to-postgresql #
- lol! another conference in portland: http://krtconf.com/ #putaconferenceonit #
- Added yet another to the 2011 Portland Conference List: http://chesnok.com/u/c #putaconferenceonit #