I asked twitter last night and this morning “What blogs / aggregators do you follow for business advice? Looking for lifehacker for business and management“.
Here were the answers:
- Ben Horowitz x2 and new to me
- Critical Path by @asymco (I was already a listener. I was looking more for blogging or long-form writing, but I agree this is a great podcast.)
- One FTE This is a comic, but I agree it has some great business insights. 😉
- Joel on Software
- Panda Whale I’ve already found Joyce’s thread about adjustable desks useful, and shared it with friends.
- Rands in Repose
- Unicorn Free @amyhoy’s business blog. Infrequently updated, though.
And at least Joyce mentioned that people aren’t going to have a whole lot of bloggers they mention, because really – you want advice from fellow entrepreneurs, not bloggers.
I get Hacker News weekly digests, and Startup Digest in email. I find that both mostly echo what I’ve already read from friends, which I probably don’t need reiterated in email.
And I get a lot of curated content from friends on Twitter, of course. I’m trying to figure out how to use Stellar, but haven’t quite grokked it yet.
The last few aren’t directly business-related, but they do influence my thinking and help me shape writing, thought and art. Looking at the list I just made, I notice that I’ve shifted my reading to women’s writing. Last year when I looked at what I’d been reading, there were almost no women’s voices.
What do you read?