People asked a lot of questions about what you can do with the datatype and PLV8! My slides are available from the talk at this dropbox link. Speakerdeck seems to be busted for the moment. And here’s my gist with the ‘liberate()’ function.
Here are some links to resources I’ve found for using PLV8 and the JSON datatype:
- Postgres core documentation for JSON
- Embracing the web with JSON and plv8
- node-postgres is the most popular module, older: Node.js adapter for Postgres — with Aurynn’s patches this is awesome.
- LISTEN/NOTIFY example
- Building a MongoDB clone in Postgres — Jerry is also working on a set of functions that convert PostGIS types to GeoJSON!
- What’s new in Postgres 9.3
- JSON and joins — it’s not beautiful, but it is possible. Someone also asked me about “subdocuments” in the style of MongoDB, with foreign keys. I don’t have a good answer, but am looking into it.
- Live updates to Meteor to Postgres
- Heroku supporting 9.3beta
And folks who took notes from my talk: