So, here’s what I want to say today:
- Written by SQLAlchemy wiz Mike Bayer
- Here’s the tutorial. Socorro is now using alembic in production with SQLAlchemy 0.6.x. I’m hoping to get us upgraded to 0.8.x soon.
- Here’s what running an upgrade in production for Socorro looks like. Awesome right?
- Here’s what a migration looks like.
- Here’s a configuration file.
- Generating a migration from the command line might look something like:
alembic revision -m "bug XXXXXX Add a new table" --autogenerate
The most difficult thing to deal with so far are the many User Defined Functions that we use in Socorro. This isn’t something that any migration tools I tested deal well with.
Happy to answer questions! And I’ll see about making a longer talk about this transition soon.